- Graphene and Nanomaterials
- Chemical Additives / Engineered Materials
- Exciting company – groundbreaking technology
- Massive funding and backing
- R&D Market – 3 positions / 3 verticals
- Cementitious Market – cement and Mortars
- Rubber Technology
- UK based with a UK & some international Client Base
- Package; Basic salary between £70,000 to £90,000 basic
- + Benefits + 25% Bonus [the whole company achieved bonus last year]
- + Progression to Business Unit Manager / Director
- Home office / Live anywhere in the UK
- UK – Birmingham / Leeds / Newcastle /Manchester / London/ Southampton / Bristol etc.
Mercury Hampton is exclusively retained on these senior exciting strategic appointments. This company is at the forefront of graphene and nanomaterial science. Their innovation and patented technology are well reported and known across the UK and the world. Due to massive investment and ambitious growth plans the time to capitalise is now, they urgently require three senior business development managers to map out and sell into the technical R&D environments across three vertical markets. Cementitious materials [cements and mortars], batteries [energy transfer] and rubber technology sectors.
This role is far from a standard sales or Business Development role, it’s more around educating and developing strategic alliances in the vertical given to you. Working with major customers in your area of expertise and their R&D facilities you will look to partner and commercialise the proposition with them.
- 7 years plus in applied engineered materials.
- Could have been gained in the additives industry and or niche materials as a product solution
- Gravitas – senior commercial experience with a long sales cycle/ closing and negotiating large complex deals developing strategic alliances with customers.
- Technical – materials, chemistry, or engineering degree
- Beneficial if you’ve worked in early technology [embryonic] experience of taking customers through the R&D journey.
- Contacts and market knowledge in either cement and mortars, batteries and or rubber – able to execute a go to market strategy.
- Partnership / joint ventures / strategic alliances and joint ventures
- Cementitious BDM -you may have sold additives into major concrete and mortar companies. Understanding of the supply chain and chemistry of cementitious materials
- Batteries – understand lithium-ion market, graphene will revolutionise the battery sector making them more efficient.
- Rubber – understand rubber formulation.
Our rapidly growing client are looking to recruit outstanding commercial talent; people who will always go the extra mile to win. You will be joining a highly performing and aggressively growing, winning team.