A futuristic, innovative business that is revolutionising manufacturing
Are you an Engineering Manager from a Manufacturing background, looking for an exciting role in which you will be creating & developing the very latest Engineering Excellence processes, and shape the newly formed Engineering function for a cutting-edge CNC Manufacturing company with a vision of making an autonomous manufacturing Group?
On offer is the opportunity to play a key part in this company’s fast-paced scaling and growth to become a market-leading manufacturing solution in a world-class facility. This is an unrivalled opportunity where you will lay the basis for enabling the company to develop its strategy by implementing industry-leading Engineering management processes.
The role would suit an Engineering Manager from a Manufacturing CI background, looking to build your own engineering systems for process improvement, helping us to achieve our goal of creating the perfect manufacturing solution as a global company.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, as the Engineering Manager, you will develop and implement the engineering systems strategy and be the focal point for the business on Estimating, NPI (New [customer] product introduction). You will lead the Engineering function to include both the Manufacturing and Production Engineers to support the business needs.
- To drive DFM (design for Manufacture) activity as a customer value proposition externally and factory efficiency internally
- Encouraging the use of commercial judgement which is as important as Engineering Excellence in all decision making
- Working closely with Quality, Finance and the Manufacturing team to lead the ‘post-manufacturing reviews’ to ensure that a structured process improvement culture prevails
- The technical management of the Estimating function, ensuring that bid reviews are consistently used to balance ‘risk, method and pricing’ enabling the business to steer a course that allows it to remain both profitable and competitive through the use of best manufacturing methodologies.
- Ensuring that plant maintenance best practice is adopted across the business to ensure maximum ‘spindle up time’ is available to the Manufacturing team
- The implementation and promotion of a continuous improvement culture throughout the business
- Working closely with the technology team to develop automated processes wherever practically possible to streamline business practices
In order to be successful in this role as Engineering Manager, you’ll have the following skills and experience;
- You’ll be an experienced advocate of process-driven Engineering excellence ideally within a CNC manufacturing environment including change management.
- You’ll have exceptional people management skills and experience in taking a talented but inexperienced team on a rapid scaling journey
- You‘ll have exposure to a ‘Develop on site’ and ‘subcontract at scale’ environment would be advantageous
- Strong experience working with budgets, CAPEX, staff training and appraisals
- A good craft apprenticeship would be desirable and ideally coupled with an Engineering Degree
- Practical TPM experience (essential)
- Good computer literacy skills (essential)
- Ability to write concise and effective SOP’s & written procedures.
- The ability to read and understand complex Customer drawings, models and Customer Specifications is essential in order to deliver competent DFM advice to customers
- Exposure to and experience of CAM & CNC manufacturing environments (highly desirable)
- Previously been a member of a Senior Management Team, understands the dynamics of the team, functional departments and their interrelationships.
- Confident customer-facing experience (essential)
What you’ll receive / benefit from
- Working in a state of the art manufacturing facility
- Plenty of Engineering Projects to take charge of
- Being part of a ‘disruptive’ company pushing for world-class manufacturing standards
- Competitive Salary
- Company Stock Options
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Private Healthcare (includes dental, personal health fund, travel insurance, subsidised gym, mental health care, counselling)
- Amazon business account
- Bose Headphones
- Enhanced primary, secondary and adoption parental pay & leave (maternity/paternity)
- Stocked Kitchen
- Free Parking
- Our factory is in a brand new building with an air-conditioned factory floor
- Company-paid training and conference tickets
- Team lunches, socials, innovation days and private events