- Blue-chip manufacturing company
- To $90,000 – $100,000 Basic salary
- Bonus To 40%
- Company Car, 401K, Medical Cover, Life Assurance
This organisation is a world leading manufacturer for applications throughout numerous industrial sectors, including mining, oil and gas, food, process, defence, power, chemical and pharmaceutical. With an engineering heritage spanning over 80 years, the group has a turnover of multi-millions globally. The organisation is focused on the manufacture and supply of specialty machined products for critical applications going into metal processing, heavy duty hydraulic, food processing, chemical, etc. They are now looking to strengthen their sales team with the addition of a first-class Business Development Manager. You will take a lead role in this companies North America team by supporting the Sales Director to win business throughout project driven customers. We are looking for a sophisticated sales professional with leadership ability who can spearhead customer growth.
What You Will Do:
- Strategic development and tactical execution of new business generation
- Manage the full sales cycle from lead generation to closing orders
- Manage and develop relationships with existing clients targeting year on year revenue growth
- Develop new business by researching the market and targeting new customers
- Respond to RFQs by preparing cost estimates and preparing bids / quotations
- Delivering focused sales and marketing campaigns designed to drive aggressive revenue growth
- A home-based role that requires regular customer visits on a regional basis
- We anticipate one day will be spent working from your home office with four days selling face to face
- Product training will be provided where necessary
What You Will Have:
- Ideally with a background in solution sales within an engineering discipline
- A strong strategic thinker with exceptional business development and account management skills
- Outstanding at getting in front of corporate customers, gaining buy in and then selling across all relevant departments
- Able to develop new business opportunities, coupled with an eye for upselling/cross selling
- You will be an excellent communicator and be able to connect and sell to a wide variety of functional decision makers
- A proven track record of business to business sales, experience of medium to long cycle selling would be advantageous
- Industry sector is less important than personality, sales ability, a technical mindset and communication skills. Of course, if you have experience of selling pumps, valves, fluid propulsion etc., that would be hugely advantageous.
The successful individual will be joining a global business who focus on creating long-term value for customers and employees through a passionate dedication to excellence. This drives a sustained competitive advantage in a dynamic global market. They achieve success by developing industry-leading technology, investing globally and delivering results for customers and creating career opportunities and development for colleagues.
The best part of this is, if you are successful in getting the job, we guarantee that you are going to love it. Why? For every 100 people we recruit, 96% are still with their company 12-months later, and 94% are still there 2-years later. That speaks for itself.