- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Working hours: Full Time
- Duration of Contract: 6 months – 2 years
- Day Rate: £120 – £150 per day
- Working Arrangement: Site-based
We are supporting one of our Global Tech Partners with their recruitment process for a Service Desk Support Engineer. The main purpose of this role is to support users with 1st & 2nd line IT support.
The responsibilities of the 2nd Line Service Desk Analyst:
The 2nd line IT support engineer is responsible for providing technical support and troubleshooting assistance to end-users. You are part of a larger IT support team and are responsible for resolving complex technical issues that cannot be handled by first-line support personnel.
Your role involves managing and resolving issues related to computer hardware, software, networks, and other IT-related equipment.
You may also be responsible for configuring and installing new systems, maintaining existing ones, and monitoring the performance of IT systems to ensure their optimal functioning.
In addition, you will be involved in training end-users on how to use new software or equipment, documenting procedures and solutions, and collaborating with other members of the IT team to ensure the smooth operation of IT systems within the organisation. Overall, your role is critical in ensuring that the IT infrastructure is reliable, efficient, and able to meet the needs of the users.
Core Responsibilities as the 2nd Line Support Engineer
- Provide 1st – 2nd line support experience, whilst logging all IT service desk calls on the system. Deployment of PCs, Laptops, Printers, Scanners when required and interacting with management, users and staff.
- You will also assist in implementing any new IT projects as required.
Essential Technology experience required as the Service Desk Analyst:
- 2+ years experience with2nd line support
- Knowledgeable within Windows, Office 365, Xen Desktop & Now Exchange
- Any 3rd level relevant qualifications would be beneficial, alongside an ITIL certification
This project will require an individual to commence work as soon as possible.