Role: Service Manager
Company: Leading Medical and Healthcare Company that specialises in providing exceptional service to and products across the UK.
Location: Bristol office 2 days per week, UK wide
Salary: £55,000-£65,000 + Car + Company Bonus +Fantastic Employee Benefits Package
We have a great opportunity for an Experienced Service Manager to join a growing, dynamic and fast paced organisation based out of the Southwest region. This company have been established for over 20 years, providing a Market leading service and products to some of the UK’s most vulnerable people.
As the Service Manager, you’ll manage a nationwide service team which will be responsible for maintaining equipment to the highest standards. You’ll supply and service patient handling equipment into the NHS, care homes, hospices, and specialist schools. You’ll be managing a team that is committed to delivering the very best level of customer service whilst adhering to ISO9001 standards.
Other key responsibilities will include:-
Responsibilities of the role comprise:
- Ensure effective engineer recruitment, along with a comprehensive and clear induction program, to capture and develop the best engineers, to efficiently support growth targets and maximise engineer retention
- Ensure that all engineers are competent and qualified to carry out their day-to-day service responsibilities including onboarding, OEM training and certification where necessary
- Create a performance culture based on individual accountability and shared responsibility for department and company results
- Team engagement setting the standard for open communication, active problem solving, and a positive work environment
- Provide regular coaching and feedback and have a deep knowledge of your team’s strengths and opportunities
- Act as a coach and a mentor to grow and develop the Senior Engineers to be successful in their roles.
- Be a role model for the Service team, and lead and manage them to develop their skills and enhance their performance
- Responsible for driving continuous improvements to facilitate exceptional team output and customer service by partnering closely with other teams on strategic execution
- With the Scheduling team maximise engineer efficiency; minimise travel time
- Actively monitor customer service trends to make necessary improvements and assist the team in developing appropriate standards and processes to continuously elevate the overall service experience.
- Ensure all customer interactions are professional, helpful and friendly, respecting their challenges and needs as well as their residents and patients
- Solution oriented, demonstrating a high ability to identify root cause of problems and develop solutions to resolve customer complaints relating to service and repairs ensuring the customer is happy
- Build constructive working relationships with key customers
- Ensure customer orders are processed in line with their SLA’s
- Ensure spare parts deliveries to site / engineers are carried out efficiently and on time in full
- Optimise and maintain van stocks balancing first-time-fix rate with sensible stock levels
- Any subcontractors operate to the same standards as expected from our own team
Champion Systems and Processes
- Ensure that all field work procedures, specifically LOLER, are defined in accordance with legislation and they are documented clearly and communicated to the engineers, and they are followed consistently
- Optimise and document Standard Operating Procedures and ensure they are always followed
- Optimise use of Protean to ensure correct and consistent reporting
To be successful as the next Service Manager, you will ideally have the below personality traits and experience:-
- Leader and a team-player
- Take ownership and create a culture of trust and accountability
- Challenges the status quo and work well in high-pressure situations
- Exceptional prioritization and time management skills
- Strategic and proactive, think and plan ahead to give the Service team the tools they need to be successful
- Strong technical aptitude, and a great interest to acquire in-depth knowledge about the business, product portfolio, customer base and service provision
- Self-aware, flexible and open-minded
- Keen mental agility, analytical thinking, hands-on problem solving, and a customer-service mindset
- Advocate of the Service team and customers
- Ensure a safe working environment for both employees and customers, taking responsibility for EHS and safety training within the Service Centre
Key Performance Indicators:
- Health and safety: zero accidents in department
- Margin: in line with budgets
- Field labour efficiency: in line with budgets
- Customer satisfaction: 100% compliance with customer SLA’s
As the Service Manager, you can expect to receive a very competitive renumeration package that will consist of the following:
- Basic salary: £55,000 – £60,000 depending on your level of experience.
- You’ll also be provided a car or car allowance depending on your choice of preference.
- You’ll be entitled to earn Company bonus
- Great pension contributions
- Holiday allowance is 23 days per annum + statutory bank holidays increasing to 26 days after 3 years’ service
- Company sick pay scheme, 5 days full pay
You will be working as a Service Manager for a company that continue to grow across the entirety of the UK, win service contracts, provide a fantastic working environment and opportunities to further enhance their careers.