- Global Market Leading Manufacturer
- Mechanical Components – Rotating Equipment – Mechanical Seals
- €80,000 – €100,000 Basic salary (negotiable, experience dependent)
- Home Office, Quality Audi Company Car, Pension, Laptop, Mobile Phone, Credit Card and Bonus, on target earnings €120,000 – €140,000 open ended.
- Mercury Hampton is working exclusively with this client.
A world leading manufacturer of rotating equipment and mechanical components for applications throughout numerous industrial sectors including pulp and paper, chemical, oil & gas, food and beveridge, mining, process, defence, power and pharmaceutical. My client has been established for many years and is a global leader in rotating equipment with a multimillion turnover operating across the World with sites in over a 100 countries. They manufacture products, systems and solutions that enhance pump efficiency and reliability and significantly reduce maintenance down time and cost. Due to growth this world leading company are looking to grow their German sales team in Bavaria. You will be joining a winning German sales team and some great established German clients. This modern net zero precision engineering manufacturing company has an outstanding reputation across the world for innovation, reliability, and service. They are a thought leader in the field of rotating equipment, their components are the best in the world they assist their customers to minimise production downtime through reliability and service. Their service, pump reliability company and quick response time will give you a significant advantage in winning business away from their competition. If you would like to be part of something special in Germany, please get in touch.
Reporting directly to the German Sales Director, the successful candidate will take responsibility of business activities throughout your designated region. You will take full responsibility for managing your customers and potential new customers in your region. This will involve 60% strategic key account management of existing clients, and 40% new business activity. There is a diverse client base in this region, you will be selling and working within a multitude of industrial, process and manufacturing environments. This is technical solution selling, you will need to have a mechanical engineering aptitude, but also be an articulate and dynamic salesperson. You will have a strong mechanical engineering aptitude and or qualification either through an engineering apprenticeship and or Engineering Degree. Our client is a thought leader in pump reliability and mechanical seals and gaskets and bearing protection. They have well established customers in the paper and pulp and chemical processing markets in Germany but their maintenance and repair components are the best in the World they can improve the efficiency of a process dramatically in a vast array of industries such as food and beveridge, mining, power, nuclear, oil and gas, defence, hydrogen, pharmaceutical etc.
This is a home-based role that requires regular customer visits throughout the sales region. We anticipate one day will be spent working from your home office with four days focusing on developing and managing customers and their sites. As Technical Sales Engineer you will be expected to report all sales and quotation activity on a monthly basis. You will be supported from a team of internal sales engineers who will assist with any technical back up needed to assist in closing the sale and supporting the customer. We are looking to speak with candidates with strong account management and business development skills and a mechanical engineering brain / experience– realistic earnings €120,000+.
- The successful candidate will have external sales experience from an associated sector i.e., mechanical seals, rotating equipment, pumps, valves etc
- Mechanical engineering background
- Knowledge of rotating equipment and mechanical seals highly beneficial
- A strong strategic thinker with exceptional ability to develop relationships, manage key accounts and develop new business
- You will have an eye for upselling / cross selling opportunities
- You will have excellent communication skills and able to communicate and sell to a wide variety of levels.
- A proven track record of business to business sales.
- Dynamic “can do” attitude, and enthusiasm for sales
- Extensive product training will be provided.
- Fluent German to native level and good English
- Living in Bavaria – Nuremberg, Erlangen, Regensburg, Augsburg, Ingolstadt, Munich, Landshut etc.