CONTRACT LENGTH: 6 – 9 MONTHS (WITH A VIEW TO EXTENSION)
LOCATION: MANCHESTER, NORTHWEST
INDUSTRY SECTOR: INDUSTRIAL MANUFACTURING
WORKING ARRANGEMENT: SITE BASED
DAY RATE: £450.00 – £585.00
START DATE: IMMEDIATELY
SDS: OUTSIDE IR35
Mercury Hampton have a new assignment available for an experienced interim HR Professional to join an established global engineering & manufacturing group. The contract will initially be for a period of 6 months, with a chance of further extension beyond the initial point of engagement.
THE ROLE OF THE HR MANAGER / BUSINESS PARTNER
To act as a business partner to key stakeholders with the responsibility for delivering a HR service across relevant business areas. You will be responsible for developing people plans that works across the full HR spectrum including performance management, organisation design/change, talent management, employee relations, employee engagement, culture, reward, and communications.
You will also play a key part in deriving new HR Process’ and Policies that will support the business in modernising their wider HR strategy.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE HR MANAGER / BUSINESS PARTNER:
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop and deliver the people plan for the relevant business area that will support the delivery of the overall strategy.
- Be the face of the central HR team, utilising the wider team where required, to support managers with general HR matters.
- Employee Relations – manage ER issues by providing advice and training to managers, ensuring legislation is followed by liaising with legal advisors
- Performance management – drive the roll out of performance management throughout the relevant business area including providing training, coaching and support to ensure high standards are achieved across the business area
- Policy – provide pragmatic advice to line managers on the implementation of all people policies. Input to the design of policies and policy roll out processes where appropriate.
- Structures – lead organisation restructures working with stakeholders, as and when required.
- Culture & Behavioural – Drive best practice behaviours and contribute to the cultural alignment of the senior management team and the wider business
THE KEY COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AS THE HR MANAGER / BUSINESS PARTNER
- CIPD – Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development Qualification
- Chartered MCIPD – Desirable
- Industry Experience – Industrial Manufacturing (Desired)
- Other Aligned Industry Experience: Engineering / Chemicals / FMCG (Desired)
- Previous multi-site management experience
- Headed up HR departments overseeing 50 – 200 employees
- Candidates must have the full right to work in the UK
- Candidates must be able to start either immediately or within 2 weeks from the date of application
- The position is site-based Monday – Friday.