- Are you looking to work with a market-leading facades business based in the Northwest
- Are you looking to work as a Technical Estimator with a global business that work-on projects across the UK & US?
- Do you have minimum 2 years of experience in a sub-contractor Estimating role; preferably in the curtain walling, structural steel, or facades sectors?
IF SO, PLEASE READ ON:
THE MAIN DUTIES OF THE JOB INCLUDE:
- Ascertain client’s bid requirements.
- Identify and clarify any ambiguities in the documents.
- Take measurements and produce bills of quantities.
- Prepare and send enquiries to vendors, liaising with procurement where required.
- Liaison with Projects team and sub-contract installers to ascertain costings where required.
- Develop costing schedules.
- Conduct gross margin analyses and develop pricing schedules.
- Produce a bid document to include all relevant schedules (e.g. attendances, preliminaries etc).
- Liaise with Regional Director to ensure that submission deadlines are achieved.
- Lead the handover to the Operations team on the successful conversion of enquiry to order.
- Identify, validate and present potential cost-saving initiatives.
- Provide pricing on live projects with a variation requirement where required.
- You will be developing credible and accurate bid submissions for tender opportunities in architectural metalwork / façade solutions (modular balconies, architectural screening, solar shading).
- You will be involved in the measurement of quantities.
- You will be formatting bid submission documents to consistently portray a professional image to our clients.
- You will be involved in the handover of bids to the operations team upon successful conversion of opportunity to order.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Ideally an H.N.D/Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a Building Services Diploma.
- GCSE English and Maths.
- Dependant on experience circa £40,000+ Benefits
- Flexible working available
If you are looking to work with a leading construction subcontractor working signature on projects – I wouldn’t hesitate to send your CV ASAP