We are looking for an articulate dynamic qualified Mechanical Engineer, who understands pumps and rotating equipment, and ideally with some commercial experience and ideally some knowledge of the Heating and Ventilation market. If you are a qualified engineer and you have a positive attitude and a desire to start a commercial technical position, please still get in touch. You will be working for a market leading pump manufacturer, you will be working in a busy sales office in Manchester [on site parking] working on major commercial new build and retrofit projects across the UK, liaising with blue chip customers, architects, contractors, and major end users.
- Applications Engineer
- Graduate Mechanical Engineer
- Apprenticeship in Engineering
- British Manufacturer
- Mechanical Components – Rotating Equipment
- Pumps – HVAC / Building Services
- £30,000 – £40,000 Basic salary (experience dependent)
- Bonus giving OTE £45K + Pension + Outstanding Training and Career progression
- Mercury Hampton is working exclusively with this client
- Manchester, Failsworth, Oldham, Ashton-Under-Lyne, Stockport
Our client is a successful, profitable, privately owned manufacturing company that designs and manufactures high performance products and systems for customers worldwide. They are internationally acclaimed in the HVAC engineering field for designing and manufacturing highly complex products and systems relating to pumps, controls, cooling, heating, valves, fire protection and energy efficiency.
As for the atmosphere, this is a medium-sized (circa 200M globally) technology-driven company that’s inquisitive, agile, ambitious and focused on delivering world-beating technology. The lead in all this comes directly from the Board, combined with Powerful R&D and custom manufacturing capabilities have propelled the company to the forefront of its technical field, with excellent service delivering a winning market share.
The business already has operations in numerous continents and customers worldwide. This really is a fantastic opportunity to join a global manufacturer, who will offer you excellent technical commercial experience and give you world class training and progression opportunities.
Technical Support & Application Engineering
- Assists in all related activities in customer technical support and takes ownership and responsibility for solving customer issues
- Collaborate with different departments in order to propose best solution offerings to customers such as consulting engineers and contractors
- Provides feedback to other departments as required and leads and/or participates in applicable Project Teams involving strategic initiatives and product development
- Ensures that solutions are captured as a technical artefact on our computer software
- Assists in developing and maintaining departmental policies and procedures, along with support and feedback of our selection software and its performance.
- Engages with enquiries at early stages to review and triage the opportunity.
- Participates in presentations and customer visits
- Maintains customer and competitor records. Strives to constantly improve business agility and speed of response
- Interacts with Company marketing operatives to provide feedback on initiatives
- Analyses and reports customer feedback for continuous customer serving improvement.
- Supports special projects as assigned by management
What you will have
- University Degree or equivalent, preferably with a mechanical engineering background
- 2-5 of years of practical experience working with engineering, manufacturing, and distribution operations in an industrial environment
- 2 years sales and service experience in the HVAC or pump related industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of HVAC principles, general practices, reading specification and schematics
- Preferably have used pump selection programs from a pump selection software platform
- Preferably experience with either District Energy projects or with Data Centre projects
- Creative problem-solving skills, conflict management within different organisations (centralised and matrix organizational structures)
- Ability to break down complex problems in a simplified way, conduct root cause analysis and provide clear, well thought-out recommendations
- Strong, team-oriented skills with presence and a bias for action
- Self-directed with ability to work autonomously and collaboratively and a focus on results
- Ability to communicate in an open and authentic manner in all situations
- A strong level of IT skills, including the use of all aspects of MS Office