- Business Development Manager
- Defence / Naval Marine Market Specialist
- World-Class British Manufacturer
- Mechanical Components Manufacturer
- Bespoke Seals/ gaskets/ components / flow control
- Blue-chip manufacturing company
- £45,000- £50,000 Basic salary (experience dependent)
- OTE £80,000 – £100,000 realistic OTE
- Home Office, Quality, Company Car, Pension, Laptop / IPad, Mobile Phone, Credit Card
- Area – South of England and UK
- Bristol, Northampton, Swindon, Portsmouth, Worcester, Bedford, South Wales, Reading, Plymouth, Cambridge etc.
Our client is a world leading manufacturer of bespoke mechanical components for applications throughout numerous industrial sectors including oil & gas, food, process, defence, steel, power, chemical, semiconductor, and pharmaceutical. My client has been established for many years and has a turnover in excess of £150 million globally, they a renowned for their manufacturing capabilities, they solve problems, their components work to the highest tolerances. You will have the capability of selling bespoke design in engineering components into critical engineering environments. They are now looking to hire a new business focussed solution led salesperson to head up the new client acquisition within Naval Marine and defence markets across the UK.
This is an opportunity for a tenacious and dynamic technical sales and Business Development Manager professional to work with a major global manufacturer, their bespoke components go in to critical [life and death] engineering environments, you will take full responsibility for their defence markets and new customer acquisition within it. Working with their regional and key account teams to segment and penetrate some of the world’s largest defence customers. In return they offer outstanding manufacturing capabilities, the opportunity to double your basic salary and several clearly defined progression routes into Strategic Key Accounts, Global Business Development, international sales management.
As Business Development Manager Defence, you will take a lead role in this company’s strategic growth plans in this market. You will work and support the General Sales Manager to win sales throughout project driven customers and OEM customers. We are looking for an honest hard working and technically capable sophisticated sales professional who can spearhead demanding Naval Marine and wider defence customers. You will be able to solution sell technical products and solutions, work closely with customers in order to develop the right product for the correct application in critical environments.
- We are looking for somebody who has some knowledge, experience and keen interest in the Naval Marine and defence markets
- A strong strategic thinker with exceptional business development skills, relationship building and key account management skills.
- Able to develop new business opportunities coupled with an eye for upselling / cross selling.
- You will have excellent communication skills and able to communicate and sell to a wide variety of levels.
- A proven track record of business-to-business sales, experience of medium to long cycle selling would be advantageous.
- You will have a Mechanical Engineering background either a degree, apprenticeship and or experience of selling mechanical components
- Products Seals, gaskets, valves, pumps, rotating equipment etc..
- Product training will be provided.