The great American author Daniel Quinn once said; “I prefer to think about problems the way engineers do. If a valve doesn’t work, they don’t say, “Well, we must have valves, so let’s try two valves.” If a valve doesn’t work, they say, “Well, what would work?” Their rule is if it doesn’t work, don’t do it more, do something else.” If a valve doesn’t work, bad things can happen and that is why this organisation is focused on the manufacture and supply of specialty machined components for critical applications within oil and gas, defence, power, chemical, and pharmaceutical. The group has a turnover of multi-millions globally and are now looking to strengthen their United States sales team with the addition of a first-class Technical Business Development Manager to focus on developing strong relationships with valve OEM’s who support the oil and gas sector.
What You Will Do
- Strategic development and tactical execution of new business generation within valve OEM’s
- Delivering focused sales and marketing campaigns designed to drive aggressive revenue growth
- Build solid connections within R&D and design departments
- Write business proposals, customer forecasts and negotiate with stakeholders
- Identify and map business strengths and customer needs
- Research business opportunities and viable additional income streams
What You Will Have
- A strong strategic thinker with exceptional business development and account management skills
- Technically savvy with respect to valves and mechanical sealing solutions
- Outstanding at getting in front of corporate customers, gaining buy in, and then selling across all relevant departments
- The ability to develop new business opportunities, with an eye for upselling/cross selling
- Excellent communication skills and the capability to connect and sell to a wide variety of decision makers
- A proven track record of engineering sales, with experience of medium to long cycle selling would be advantageous
The successful individual will be joining a global business who focus on creating long-term value for customers and employees through a passionate dedication to excellence and a comprehensive people development programme. This drives a sustained competitive advantage in a dynamic global market. They achieve success by developing industry-leading technology, investing globally, and delivering results for customers and creating career opportunities for colleagues.
The best part of this is, if you are successful in getting the job, we guarantee that you are going to love it. Why? For every 100 people we recruit, 96% are still with their company 12-months later, and 94% are still there 2-years later. That speaks for itself.