As a leading engineering business focusing on specialist solutions to the global automotive, commercial vehicle, off highway and industrial sectors, this business is certainly in growth mode. Particularly after a recent acquisition. They manufacture a diverse product range that covers multiple applications for the transfer of fluids or air within different systems, as well as structural support components which provide stability and safety. This is an additional head into the procurement function.
What you will do
- Procurement of materials and parts for manufacture and management of a direct material spend.
- Focus on YOY savings and supply chain improvements.
- Deliver various sourcing projects.
- Sourcing requirements will include products and services, including new programmes through tender processes.
- Engagement with 1st tier and analysis of 2nd tier suppliers, running and planning negotiations.
- Global bench marking and process.
What you will have
- Proven in a purchasing function within the manufacturing sector.
- Extensive experience sourcing activities, contract negotiations, evidence of spends versus savings achievements.
- Demonstrable leadership capabilities, including coaching and training, improvement projects and commodity strategy plan execution.
- Accountability for cost savings (KPI’s will be in place to review progress).
- A dedication to Health & Safety, accurate record keeping and a track record of quantifiable continuous improvement initiatives.
The successful individual will be joining a business who focus on creating long-term value for customers and employees through a passionate dedication to excellence. This drives a sustained competitive advantage in a dynamic market. They achieve success by developing industry-leading technology, investing heavily, and delivering results for customers and creating career opportunities and development for colleagues.