This business is a global, market-leading, manufacturing solutions provider with 30+ operating businesses in 5 continents. They create and manufacture technologically led components and systems for OEMs in several industries – principally aerospace, defence, transportation, and energy. Now looking to strengthen their commercial team to ensure delivery of a healthy order book, the requirement is for a customer focused Commercial Manager to join the business.
What You Will Do:
- Provide a focused point of contact for all formal communications with customers
- Manage the daily commercial operations for the allocated site
- Lead any new bidding activity including the compilation of a register of commercial risks and opportunities, a business model, and a detailed commercial proposal
- Support contract negotiations ensuring that approved negotiation parameters are adhered to
- Identify contract changes and negotiate subsequent change proposals
- Ensure that the Bidding process, including gate approvals and delegated authorities, are correctly adhered to and recorded
- Work with Procurement to identify and flow down key risks and terms to vendors
- Work closely with other functions including Finance, Legal, Procurement and Programme Management ensuring company processes for bidding and contract management are followed and adapted to meet the requirements of the business
- Manage and maintain the company order book to reflect the customers purchase order requirements
- Ensure that debt is kept to a minimum and customers pay in accordance with agreed payment terms
To help this business make a real difference, you’ll bring your passion and talent for what you do along with the following skills, experience, qualifications, and attributes:
What You Will Have:
- Extensive commercial contract management experience, ideally gained from the Defence or Aerospace industries
- Significant commercial line management experience
- Experience of identifying contractual risk and proposing effective mitigation strategies
- Experience of managing high value and complex proposals and negotiating high value contracts and amendments
- Experience of drafting and negotiating NDAs, Licensing and Heads of Agreement
- Experience of delivering presentations both internally to senior management and externally to customers and third parties
The successful individual will be joining a business who focus on creating long-term value for customers and employees through a passionate dedication to excellence. This drives a sustained competitive advantage in a dynamic market.
The best part of this is, if you are successful in getting the job, we guarantee that you are going to love it. Why? For every 100 people we recruit, 96% are still with their company 12-months later, and 94% are still there 2-years later. That speaks for itself.
Want to be a part of this? Of course, you do! If you have the entrepreneurial spirit and passion this position requires then get in touch now before the deadline expires.