Our client is a successful, profitable, privately owned manufacturing company that designs and manufactures high performance mechanical engineered components customers worldwide. These customers are generally multinational businesses, in safety-critical industries for applications throughout Oil, Gas, petrochemical and process industries. They are looking to double the turnover of the company in the next five years and are looking to upskill, modernise and develop their global sales team, both internally and externally.
Working in-conjunction with the Executive Board, this is an opportunity to lead the organisation’s global sales operation in all its respects, driving profitable sales growth in the UK and global export markets (UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia). The role will fully utilise your existing commercial and technical skills, while allowing you quickly to develop your wider general management abilities and remit;
- Personal responsibility for managing and developing key accounts and leading high value bids (from pre-sales discovery to presentation).
- Responsibility for field sales, technical customer support, marketing and administration, leading a team of around 30 people.
- Managing the inside sales team involved in analysing enquiries from a terms and conditions point of view and managing outgoing quotations in terms of cost and gross margin requirements.
- Strategic responsibility for budgets, quality standards, market development and product development (in cooperation with the group’s R&D arm).
- Membership of the global management team, contributing to the strategic direction of the business internationally.
- Technical authority on the company’s products and solutions for the region – advising customers as required.
- Spearhead marketing campaigns and strategy.
- Some international and UK travel managing Key Accounts and developing major project sales opportunities
- You will substitute for the Sales Director and manage the companies new digital marketing function
- You will also manage a digital Marketing professional, take responsibility for Trade shows and press releases
- Experience of working in a similar role within the engineering sector in a leadership role.
- Ability to train, lead and develop large teams.
- Proven track record of successfully managing teams.
- A solid technical / industrial background.
- You will have worked in manufacturing, you will be familiar with machining technologies, product control and IT systems development
- Experience of working with internal and external teams.
- Competency with Microsoft Word and Excel is essential.
- Effective communicator, comfortable with dealing with customers and colleagues.
The successful candidate could live in Chester, Warrington, Manchester, St Helens and surrounding areas.
Please click on the apply button or contact Jonathan Sallis at Mercury Hampton directly. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within 48 hours, however if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.