- Drives and motors – installation and servicing
- Basic Salary to £80,000
- East Midlands
If you want an easy life or just want to while away your twilight years, then this is not for you. This role is about growth. This organisation is an established business involved in the installation, maintenance and hiring of inverter drives, with an established and loyal customer base across the East Midlands. You will have the opportunity to progress to become Managing Director of the business upon the retirement of the existing owner. They pride themselves in applying their knowledge and experience to save energy, improve systems or reduce wear and tear. They are true, value add partners to customers across a wide spectrum of industries.
As General Manager you will lead the company operations across all functions, specifically technical and commercial. You will be an individual with a demonstrable track record of managing a business or division of a group, where they have held P&L or full sales accountability and successful growth can be demonstrated.
What You Will Have:
- Experience with inverter drives or other electrical mechanical industry sectors
- High-level communication and stakeholder management skills
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Experience with design and implementation of business growth strategies
- Conflict resolution
- The ability to self-motivate
- Financially literate and able to analyse financial trends
What You Will Do:
- Lead, develop and manage a diverse team of people
- Oversee key customer relationships with a focus on win-win outcomes, whilst improving profitability
- Build upon the existing business platform, potentially diversifying and extending the product range and services provided to both grow revenue and grow the customer base.
- Preparing a five-year Business Plan, clearly setting out how growth will be delivered.
- Oversee stock levels, working capital and cashflow generation.
- Work with the Finance team in developing a comprehensive financial reporting pack, which provides accurate and timely information to measure performance against Budget and Business Plan targets and relevant KPIs.
- Assessment and recommendations on key capital expenditure investment.
Colleagues enjoy working in a growing, fast-paced, and challenging environment. They embrace change as being constant, working together to ensure the continued success and growth of the business. You will be joining business who focus on creating long-term value for customers and employees through a passionate dedication to excellence, driving a sustained competitive advantage. They achieve success by developing industry-leading technology, investing heavily, delivering results for customers, and creating career opportunities for colleagues.