This is a full-time position based at our client’s premises in Greater Manchester.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the primary responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- To oversee the functioning of the Service & Commissioning department which consists of approximately 12 employees consisting of field engineers and their respective office based support functions.
- To direct, lead, manage and motivate the two sub-teams within the department (Maintenance & Commissioning) to perform at their optimum levels.
- Full P&L responsibility for the performance of the Service & Commissioning department including the setting of annual budgets and monthly review thereafter.
- To play a proactive role in helping the department secure and deliver its annual sales targets across all its revenue streams – Maintenance, Service Breakdown & Commissioning.
- To meet with our key customers on a regular basis and to develop a trusting relationship with them
- To be an energetic, strategic and proactive member of the Senior Management Team.
- To provide hands-on leadership, guidance and mentoring to the team including the implementation of staff appraisals and the development of tailored training programmes for all team members.
The successful applicant should possess the following skills & attributes:
- Relevant experience in managing a team of service and commissioning engineers to deliver a departmental budget.
- Ideally, the successful candidate should possess a high degree of technical expertise in understanding BEMS (Building Energy Management Systems). However applicants from other relevant closely related sectors such as HVAC, Air-con would be considered.
- To be commercially astute including the ability to understand the interaction between revenue, costs & profit margins. Previous commercial experience such as having departmental P&L responsibility would be a distinct advantage.
- To have the ability of remaining calm under pressure with a strong focus on achieving agreed targets and ensuring key objectives are met.
- To have the ability to create a sense of team spirit within the department through an informal, ‘open door’ approach including continual encouragement and support.
Package This role comes with a market-leading basic salary and suite of benefits including Company Car, Bonuses, Pension, PMI, Attendance Bonus Scheme amongst others.