- Location: Northwest/Midlands/Remote
- Contract Assignment
- Duration of Contract: 9-12 months with view of extension.
- Day Rate: £450-£600
- Working Arrangement: Site-based or Remote Available
We are working with an award-winning global games publisher seeking an experienced VFX Artist to join their team, creating effects for exciting new prospects from mobile to cutting edge console projects.
As a VFX Artist, you will be an integral part of the team, producing high quality, optimised and performant visuals in a variety of styles whilst working on exciting and unannounced IP for the biggest brands and platforms in the world. This role will allow you to shape an efficient effects pipeline as well as using established tools.
Essential Technical Skills Required as the VFX Artist:
- Image manipulation software e.g., Photoshop/Substance.
- Creating animated Sprite Sheets.
- Particle system terminology and applications.
- Particle editors (e.g., Unreal/Unity/popcornfx/Embergen).
- Creation and understanding of Shaders.
- Strong awareness of industry technology trends.
Desirable Skills Required as the VFX Artist:
- Knowledge of Houdini and its use in real-time game VFX.
- 3D Software (Maya or 3DS Max).
- Familiar with data management software (e.g., SVN. Perforce).