• Quality Manager (Working within a Manufacturing Business)
• Basic salary; £45,000 – 55,000 + 5k Car allowance + excellent benefits
• World leading manufacturer of HVAC and intelligent fluid flow products, systems and services supplied to the built environment
• Location: Manchester
Mercury Hampton is exclusively retained on this vacancy.
This is a fantastic opportunity with a world leading manufacturer of HVAC and intelligent fluid flow products, systems and services supplied to the built environment. Recent investment and the development of market leading products has created the need to appoint an experienced Quality Manager in Manchester.
With a worldwide footprint, operating multiple manufacturing facilities on three continents, the client is known around the world as a leader and innovator in design, engineering and manufacturing. Supplying fluid management technology and services into fully integrated building energy solutions, they offer world leading performance through excellence in design, build and operating flexibility producing lowest project and operating risks, as well as lowest installed and life cost.
Reporting to the UK Operations Director, you will be responsible for Quality of Product delivered from both the UK factories. You’ll co-ordinate and manage the end to end customer issues process and will be responsible for driving root cause analysis, correction of quality issues, supplier performance and interface with customer concerns.
You will also be responsible for:
• As the Quality Manager you’ll manage Quality and EH&S programmes and CI initiatives across both the facilities in the UK (North West & Midlands).
• You’ll work alongside internal teams and external clients to work through any quality issues, investigations, driving improvement to product, process and business performance.
• Drive quality improvement throughout the business and implement techniques such as 5Y, 8D, PPAP, CAPA, FMEA, etc.
• Undertake quality audits and supplier inspections where necessary
• You’ll support the Manufacturing Manager in all aspects of H&S and environmental systems and will act as the key driver in developing H&S procedures and guidelines.
• Carry out final quality inspections on products and systems
• Manage quality metrics and KPI’s
• Occasional travel may be required.
Skills and experience required:
• 5 years (minimum) Quality Engineering and at least 2 years’ experience in a Management position.
• Manufacturing experience is essential for this position.
• You should hold an engineering qualification of some kind, maybe a Degree or HND.
• Familiar with mechanical inspection methods.
• Experience in the implementation and maintenance of ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 45001.
• NEBOSH certification is also desirable.
• Internal auditing experience.
• Experience of CI/ Lean tools such as VSM, 5S, etc.
• Confident in customer facing situations, you will be required to interact with customers on the phone and possibly face to face.
• Willingness to accept and embrace change
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Ability to prioritise
• Strong attention to detail
• High work ethic, sound judgement, discretion at all times
• Prepared to undertake training
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Quality Manager who has a proven track record, to develop a long-term career in an excellent business that can facilitate constant learning and progression opportunities.
Please click on the apply button or contact Matthew Buchanan at Mercury Hampton directly. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within 48 hours, however if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.