Role: Systems Integration Engineer
Basic Salary: £Excellent
Company: Specialist Software/Automation Company
Location: Midlands OR South West
THERE ARE TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE; ONE IN THE MIDLANDS AND ONE IN THE SOUTH WEST.
Our client is an industry-leading specialist software/automation company, which specialises in device automation and data integrity solutions in and around the packaging line environment. With a Head Office in the UK, their solutions are deployed globally.
To support our growth, we require a new member to join the Systems Engineering team. The day-to-day duties will be varied in composition including management of customer communications and leadership of project activity, installation of hardware on customer sites, supporting end-users, working with integrators, and conducting site training. The role will also include deployment of software and configuration of systems both remotely via VPN and from clients’ sites throughout the UK and Europe, with the possibility of travel to USA and rest of the world.
The business is seeking to employ a Systems Integration Engineer who will undertake and lead the roll-out of software and hardware systems to both our existing and newly acquired customer base.
• Acting as onsite project lead, for co-ordination activities and relevant communication of project tasks.
• Utilising your software, electrical and mechanical skills to install, troubleshoot and support the end to end solution to a high standard and in an efficient time scale.
• Configuring hardware devices such as HMIs, PCs, PLCs, Barcode scanners, Vision equipment and industrial coders.
• Fault find on Ethernet and RS232, using electrical and software skills.
• Undertake customer training from the basic line operation to full system training.
• Be able to communicate and lead discussions with a wide customer audience.
• Configure the end to end solution to enable integration from line side through to ERP/ MES type systems.
• Conduct project analysis such as packaging, hardware and system implementation surveys.
• Provide assistance during technical pre-sales process by identifying customers technical requirements
• Identify and escalate issues to relevant departments when necessary.
• Provide support to our customers via a Help Desk and onsite visits as required
• At least 3 years of experience working in an engineering role, preferably as a project or vision systems engineer
• Degree in relevant field i.e. Engineering, Computer Science
• Be able to demonstrate mechanical skills that have been acquired
• Strong appetite to learn and use our own software and 3rd party software systems
• You will take an innovative approach to problem-solving and be able to utilise and share knowledge with others in the team and across the company
• A basic understanding of TCP/IP networks
• Ability to prioritise issues and escalate when necessary
• End-user and project team training skills
• Excellent client-facing skills
• You will be flexible and willing to undertake support across the UK, Europe and potentially other areas of the world. Notice always provided.
• Full UK passport and UK driving license
Not essential but beneficial…
• Knowledge and practitioner skills of other Microsoft SQL tools
• Development skills in relevant languages, e.g. C#, Microsoft .NET, Lua, SQL, HTML 5, Node-RED, JSON, UI Design, etc
• Experience of industrial devices and communication protocols
• Experience with relevant project management philosophies such as Prince2, Agile
• Understanding of Vision devices and associated applications using hardware from Sick, Cognex, Omron, other.
If you’re successful in getting the job, we guarantee that you are going to love it. Why? For every 100 people that we recruit, 96 are still with their company 12-months later, and 94 are still there 2-years later. That speaks for itself.
To apply, click on the apply button below, contact Dianne Foster, or call the Mercury Hampton office directly on 01925 937 311. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within two working days. Either way, we may store your information on record but will always seek your approval via a GDPR email. This will enable us to share future career opportunities.