To support the growth of the business, our client is seeking to employ a Systems Support Engineer who will undertake and manage the roll-out at line level of their specialist software solution and the integrated connection of other packaging line devices, e.g. check weighers, barcode scanners, etc. The day-to-day duties will be varied in composition support with a strong emphasis on providing first-class professional support to our customer end-users, partners and internal engineers. Tasks include understanding the customer’s perception of a problem and the determination of the specific problem symptoms/ facts and associated information.
• Customer Support / HelpDesk, providing day to day telephone, remote access, and where applicable, onsite support to our customer in the event of an issue not being resolved remotely.
• Installing the ACS server software onto a customer’s environment. This is normally done remotely but there may be the need to attend site in some instances.
• Configuring the system into a working model, based upon customer requirements.
• Install, set up, configure and commission the connected devices, e.g. barcode scanning, camera and sensor devices.
• Establish network communications to all line devices and associated systems and carry out system testing as part of the commissioning process.
• Contribute towards the professional installation system documentation as to the components used, configuration settings, etc.
• Liaise with the Development and Solutions teams within the company to allow thorough testing of new devices before drivers are released to site engineers and integrators.
• Identify and escalate issues to relevant departments when necessary.
• Support the Engineering team remotely through your expertise in the latest software releases.
• Provide customer training on our products, based in our training centre or on-site as required.
• To be part of the Out of Hours rota and take calls from customer sites and resolve issues.
• Exposure to scripting languages such as SML, XSLT, ASP
• Knowledge of other Microsoft SQL tools including SSRS, SSAS, SSIS
• Experience of industrial devices and communication protocols
• Another spoken language – German, Spanish, French
If you’re successful in getting the job, we guarantee that you are going to love it. Why? For every 100 people that we recruit, 96 are still with their company 12-months later, and 94 are still there 2-years later. That speaks for itself.
To apply, click on the apply button below, contact Dianne Foster, or call the Mercury Hampton office directly on 01925 937 311. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within two working days. Either way, we may store your information on record but will always seek your approval via a GDPR email. This will enable us to share future career opportunities.