This organisation, operating for over 40 years, is one of the UK’s leading providers of mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation services to the power generation and process industries. Over the years, the business has streamlined its activities to concentrate on its core business – the provision of valve shutdown and repair services. They deliver factory-authorised valve modifications and repairs to customers throughout the UK. They are now looking to strengthen their technical team with the acquisition of a Valve Technician.
· Strip down valves and report on the condition.
· Test valves and record the information.
· Ensure all equipment used remains in good working order.
· Fault find and carry out corrective actions.
· Advise and recommend corrective actions.
· Assemble and test valves in accordance with production and quality control guidelines and procedures.
· Maintain a basic knowledge of Instrumentation to enable function tests and overhaul on valves to be carried out.
What We Need From You
The position includes travel in both the UK and internationally – possibly at short notice. The successful individual will be joining a business that focuses on creating long-term value for customers and employees through passionate dedication to excellence and a disciplined management process. This drives a sustained competitive advantage in a dynamic market. They achieve success by developing industry-leading technology, investment, delivering results for customers, and creating career opportunities and development for colleagues. You will be responsible for the construction, installation, servicing, repair, maintenance, and testing of valves, assisting customers with troubleshooting, and doing root cause analysis on valves.
· Technical/specification writing and interpretation skills.
· Experience in a service-oriented work environment and an ability to problem solve service-related issues.
· Working understanding of ISO, ASME, and API compliance regulations and codes.
· Understanding of materials for a variety of industrial/service applications along with manufacturing processes/workflow.
· Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and requests for information.
· Ability to accurately read, review and interpret manufacturing and electrical designs, drawing, and schematics.
· Ability to use IT and information systems including Microsoft Word/Excel/Databases.
· Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and organisational skills.
· Apprenticeship or HNC/NVQ in relevant discipline plus at least two years’ experience of repairing various valves, specifically Control / Relief / Isolation Valves and actuation, whether pneumatic, hydraulic, or electric.
· Familiar with tools and equipment required to perform daily valve repair duties.
· Full driving license, as on-site maintenance will be required.
Get in Touch
Please click on the apply button or contact Robbie Kelly at Mercury Hampton directly, quoting RKVT01. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within 48 hours, however, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.