- £40,000-£60,000 basic salary
- Site based – Northwest, Midlands
Are you an experienced and strategic leader in the field of supply chain management? Do you possess a deep understanding of the building product manufacturing sector and have a history of optimising supply chain processes? If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, we have the perfect role for you!
Our client is a prominent building product manufacturing company known for their commitment to delivering high-quality solutions. With a strong presence in the industry, they prioritise innovation and customer satisfaction. They are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Supply Chain Manager to grow their team.
- Develop and implement strategic supply chain initiatives to optimise processes, minimise costs, and enhance operational efficiency.
- Lead end-to-end supply chain management, including procurement, inventory management, logistics, and demand planning.
- Collaborate closely with suppliers, negotiating contracts, and maintaining strong relationships to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of materials and services.
- Analyse market trends, monitor supplier performance, and identify opportunities for improvement and cost reduction.
- Oversee inventory management, ensuring optimal stock levels while minimising carrying costs and obsolescence.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including production, sales, and finance, to align supply chain activities with overall business objectives.
- Develop and implement supply chain strategies to mitigate risks, enhance resilience, and ensure business continuity.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure supply chain performance and drive continuous improvement.
- Stay up to date with industry developments, regulations, and best practices in supply chain management within the building product manufacturing sector.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, Business Administration, or a related field. A master’s degree is advantageous.
- Extensive experience in supply chain management, preferably within the relevant industry.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain principles, best practices, and strategies.
- Proven track record of implementing successful supply chain optimisation projects, improving efficiency, and reducing costs.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Strong negotiation and relationship-building skills to collaborate effectively with suppliers and stakeholders.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to analyse complex data, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence and present to senior management.
- Familiarity with relevant regulations, compliance requirements, and industry standards.
- Proficiency in supply chain management software and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.