- Blue-chip manufacturing company
- Basic £45,000 – £55,000
- Bonus 20%
- Car Allowance
- Based – UK Midlands/North – Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds
Firefly AB is a world leading manufacturer of technologically advanced solutions for fire prediction, prevention, protection, and mitigation. With an engineering heritage spanning over 50 years, the group has a turnover of multi-millions globally, operating in over 80 countries. Due to recent unprecedented growth, they are now looking to strengthen their UK commercial operations with the addition of a first-class Business Development Manager. You will take the lead role within the UK and Ireland market, winning business with project driven customers. We are looking for a technical sales professional with technical curiosity.
What You Will Do:
- Manage sales of advanced tailor-made fire prevention systems to customers in the process industry.
- Win and grow customers, driving aggressive revenue development.
- A home-based role that requires regular customer visits on a national basis.
- Be responsible for the entire sales cycle, from first contact and processing of new leads to customer visits and final negotiations.
- Develop new business opportunities and maintain existing business in your markets.
- Actively work with marketing activities within your markets, such as trade shows, seminars etc.
- Expect to be travelling approximately 50-60 days per year.
What You Will Have:
- The desire to be the author of your own career narrative.
- You will be a technically curious, independent minded and an active listener.
- A strong strategic thinker with exceptional business development and account management skills.
- Outstanding at getting in front of customers, gaining buy in, and then selling across all relevant departments.
- Able to develop new business opportunities, coupled with an eye for upselling/cross selling.
- You will be an excellent communicator and be able to connect and sell to a wide variety of functional decision makers.
- A proven track record of industrial business solution driven sales, with experience of medium to long cycle selling would be advantageous.
The successful individual will be joining a global business who focus on creating long-term value for customers and colleagues through their critical equipment and a passionate dedication to excellence. This drives a sustained competitive advantage in a dynamic global market. They achieve success by developing industry-leading technology, investing globally, delivering results for customers and creating career opportunities and growth for colleagues.
The best part of this is, if you are successful in getting the job, we guarantee that you are going to love it. Why? For every 100 people we recruit, 96% are still with their company 12-months later, and 94% are still there 2-years later. That speaks for itself.
Read more about Firefly: firefly.se